Sunday, August 3, 2008

idhtbptbb

Last night I gave a sneak peak of my newest kick: freezer paper stencils. I stenciled 3 construction vehicles on curtain fabric remnant.

After painting, I pulled out Sally. She's my staple gun - it's short for Sally the Sassy Stapler. The Nester calls her's Matilda. It was this project that gave me inspiration. I stapled the fabric onto the canvas. I love that The Nester says, "It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful." (idhtbptbb would definitely describe my decorating style.)

Mr. Intensity was super excited to help hang the "art." He got to use his expert skills of bamming. To ensure accuracy, Mr. Intensity pulled out his level.
Then it was back to bamming.
More intense bamming!!
Ah! The final product. First thing he said was, "When Maddy comes over she's gonna look at it and I'm going to tell her, 'It's cool!'"
The best part? Total project cost less than twenty dollars. It's only taken two years for me to get something on the walls in his room. Maybe now someone will buy our house. :)

11 comments:

jojoebi-designs said...

they look great!

Steph said...

I love them, so cute!

Julie said...

It looks great and I loved that he helped!!!

John and Pam Majors said...

He looks so excited! That was a great idea!

John and Pam Majors said...

I have never seen him wear a watch either.

Kathleen W. said...

What a great idea, and he' so proud of his work with the hammer!

I've tagged you over at my place:
http://katydidandkid.blogspot.com/2008/08/ive-been-tagged.html

Anonymous said...

So cute. Thanks for the photo series and descriptive captions; I felt like I witnessed the whole thing myself! :) Love! Krista N.

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome! What a good idea! -Jean

MerrandaVK said...

So neat that you let your little guy help hang them up - so much more meaning ful for him! I can't wait to try this!

Anonymous said...

Nice job

The Nester said...

looks fantastic! I love the brown too!

good luck on selling that house--it only takes one buyer to sell it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails