Thursday, April 10, 2008

Homemade Montessori

Here's a variation of a sorting game. We used it several weeks ago and pulled it out for review again today. To make your own: cut a paper plate in half and staple to another plate - voila! The yellow square is a post-it note, so you can remove it and label it for another game (sorting pasta, shapes, whatever fits your fancy.) The green squares are made of construction paper. Lil man had a whole stack of these to separate and sort.

Next is a storage solution for 3-part cards. I sewed these but you could just as easily use a glue gun or stitch witchery. The plastic front came from Wal-Mart in the sewing/fabric section. Far from perfect but they are quite functional.


1 comment:

MerrandaVK said...

Julie - oh my!! Another thing to copy from you.. I wasn't reading your blog this far back, so thanks so much for showing me. Love how you sewed these... its giving me inspiration too..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails