Tuesday, April 15, 2008

N is for...

This Number Bow Game was a total hit with the lil man. We've not done much in the way of addition so I wasn't sure if he'd like it or not - but he did. When we play again, I think I will use some sort of manipulative (like noodles or nuts) for him to count, and maybe use a 12-cup muffin tin to hold the manipulatives.

We also enjoyed making "Nests."

melt: 1/4 c butter, 2 c mini-marshmallows, and 1-2 T peanut butter (optional) in a saucepan then add 4 c (or so) chow mein noodles. Drop into shapes of nests on waxed paper. Use jelly beans for garnish. Voila.

Also this week we've played with noodles (lasagna for dinner last night), made noodle necklaces and sorted nuts.

Months ago, I downloaded 3-part cards for nut identification but I don't remember where I found them or I'd post them for others to use. He loves to eat nuts. Heck, he loves his nut cracker. We had to take it to the park last week. The other parents were looking at me like I was the crazy mom for allowing my son to bring a nutcracker (that look like pliers) to the park. Most kids want to bring a shovel. Not my kid. He wants a nutcracker.

Sometimes it's easier to give in on the little things. Can I get an Amen?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails