Monday, June 9, 2008

Sewing Purses

On Saturday I took a sewing class at a wonderful woman-owned store near me. I was there for 5.5 hours and came home with this fun fold over handbag. Most of the women who shop at this store are quilting enthusiast. It took at least 1.5 hrs to cut out the fabric pieces for this bag. Quilting enthusiast I am not.
I would rather make this pink bag (below) in about 90 minutes. The next one I make won't take as long, I made a lot of silly mistakes today. If you're looking for a fun, easy, satisfying project - this is it. Here's a tutorial to teach you.

4 comments:

John and Pam Majors said...

Sorry it took so long, but you did a great job, Julie!! Both of them look super!! Way to go!!

Julie said...

it is cute. I wish I knew how to sew...I might have to learn, you are inspiring me!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

jmfswsmbCute bags. I love to createthings like this, too. Thanx for coming over to my blog. I love new friends!

Anonymous said...

cute. I am getting ready to tackle my new machine. I think I might steal this someday.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails