Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Aggression Cookies

By the name alone, I thought aggression cookies would be a hit. However, Mr. Intensity didn't like the sensory experience so much.

Since the mixing is to be done by hand, he squished for about 30 seconds and said, "I'm done." He was more interested in the power machinery blender.

The cookies baked up quite nicely. I took them out of the oven a bit early because we like ours chewy. Since there are no eggs in the recipe, no worries for sick bellies later. The original recipe makes 90 cookies. We cut the servings to 30.

In the blender, I was making gazpacho for lunch and hoping that he'd stay occupied with the cookies. Below is the recipe for gazpacho.

In a blender mix:
1 peeled cucumber, chopped enough to fit in blender
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped enough to fit in blender
1/2 red onion, chopped enough to fit in blender
1 cup (or 12 oz can) V-8 juice (I've left this out before and it's been fine)
1/4 c olive oil
1/3 c red wine vinegar
5-10 dashes of Tabasco
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper

If your blender is big enough, you can also add: 28oz can diced tomatoes (mine wasn't big enough so I pureed the canned tomatoes separately.)

Mix all together and add: 4 oz (or bigger) jar of pimentos (I left these out, it was fine)

Served chilled. I like to eat it with cheese & crackers - or Triscuits if you husband didn't eat the whole box!

1 comment:

John and Pam Majors said...

My hubby said he really likes gazpacho. I will have to try to make it without the seeds...and he likes it warm. Did you Phoenicians have it cold?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails