Saturday, August 16, 2008

Irony of It All

On Friday, I linked to a Waffle House wedding slide show and confessed that I found it humerous.

Today the irony of it all struck me. I got married in my brother's barn! (see #28-30) In the picture to the left, I'm about to get in his plane - where he flew into a field next to the barn pictured below.Left: Dad is helping me out of the tractor; brother drove. Right: saying, "I do!"

It was one of the most fun days of my life!! Not to mention, the most fun wedding I've ever attended. :)




3 comments:

missy said...

it looks like an incredibly fun and memorable day! yee-haw! it also looks like joel olsteen performed the service!

Julie said...

Hilarious. No, it wasn't Olsteen. The pastor, Kerry Jones, is such a godly, godly, down to earth man. We have so much respect for him. We had lunch with him a few weeks ago (when we were in KY) and he reminisced that ours was the most fun wedding that he's ever performed...and he's officiated a BUNCH!

reprehriestless warillever said...

A beautiful barn for a wedding if I say so myself!

We had our wedding reception in a barn, but one that had been converted into a hall at a country inn. Not quite as "rustic" as yours...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails