Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Olympics

I didn't make it to Beijing but I know someone who did.  Here's a link to her facebook album.

Erin coaches women's basketball in the Czech Republic.  She went to China with Athletes in Action to develop relationships with Czech athletes, coaches, and fans while pursuing opportunities to talk with them about spiritual things.  

Erin and I met in Ohio while being counselors at a kids' camp in 1995.  She's from South Dakota but went to the University of Minnesota.  I'm from Kentucky.

Later we caught up with each other while eating pizza in Colorado.  She was living in Kansas City (Missouri or Kansas?  I can't remember) and I lived in Arkansas.

She then moved to the Czech Republic and I moved to Arizona.  

Last summer Hubby and I visited his brother and sister-in-love in Germany.  We drove to Prague to let Erin be our tour guide.  She's really good, BTW.

Erin has played basketball all over the world.  You should see the stamps in her passport!

The thing I like most about Erin is that she loves to talk about Jesus (and she can do it in Czech!)  

If cultural things interest you - make sure to view her pictures.  You don't have to know anything about facebook to view the album.  Just click here.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I would love to get her contact info and go visit her...and would love for you to come visit us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails