Thursday, September 4, 2008

Save Time for More Blogs

Hi, my name is Julie and I'm addicted to reading blogs.

Consistently, I read about 70.  It used to be more until I read this convicting post.  I whole heartedly agree with it, especially the part about 
  • eating my time
  • feeling inept when I read about what others are doing
  • not being content with what I have.
After reading that post, I decided to trim down the number of blogs in my reader.  I parted with three.  Or maybe it was a generous four.

I really need to set some boundaries in the area of computer use.

That being said, let me tell you how to get addicted to a reader save time reading blogs.

You don't have to go to each person's website.  The new posts can be delivered to one convenient location.  Think of it as shopping at Wal-Mart instead of shopping all over town.

My husband explained it here.  Another friend did it here.  And Blissfully Domestic gives similar info here.

If you're still confused, then sign up to receive this blog's newest posts via email.  Just add your email address in the box to the right, where it says, "Subscribe By Email."

1 comment:

Julie said...

ha ha, I am going to need to come back and read this post later, when I have some time. I don't have that many... but I do have more than I should and it is addicting. My huband was just telling me yesterday that it is my "drug" and then when I was on my walk this morning I was listening to my pastor's sermon online and he was talking about how Christians spend 7+ hours a day watching tv but don't have time for quiet times... and I would replace tv with computer for me. I am not going to read your convicting article ;) but I will read the other posts when I have time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails