1. Last week I met with our social worker to discuss my personal history. John meets with her this week. Our home study should be completed next week.
My interview took less time than she expected. As I was leaving the agency's office, the social worker said to me, "You're quite stable. Most people I interview come from broken pasts of divorce and/or abuse."
It's by the grace of God. I feel so fortunate that both Hubby and I come from intact families. I called my dad the next day to thank him for loving mom - and for providing for such a wonderful childhood. Which reminds me, I need to call my mom. :)
2. An email came today from a friend in Little Rock who "knows of" a pregnant woman, who's six months along and was looking for a family who could pay medical expenses and attorney fees. That's all I know. Of course we would love to be the family. I'll keep you posted as I learn anything.
3. Since the economy has gone down the tubes and our house isn't selling, we are hoping to rent it and move to Little Rock in January.
- Know anyone who would like to rent an beautiful townhouse in central Phoenix?
- Know of a good housing deal in Little Rock (free would be awesome!) or a place we could rent super cheap, I would be oh-so-thankful.