Saturday, April 4, 2009

Visiting the Country

Imagine my extreme delight when I realized that someone at our church raises chickens and sells their eggs.  Wahoo!!

This family lives about 30 minutes northwest of Little Rock and Mr. Intensity and I visited them this week.  I'm so jealous.

It goes without saying that he had a blast.
He found a saw and knew just what to do with it!
If we had room for a trampoline, it would be on our wish list.  Hours of fun - for all ages.
Here's the little red chicken coop.  The little red hens are on the right in the picture.  I think they have about a dozen laying hens and about 25 chicks that will be laying soon.
Grace collects the eggs.  The older brothers get to clean the coop and feed the chickens.  They split the profits three ways.  This girl loves some bling.  Sparkles are everywhere.  Check out the boots; those aren't your typical manure slingin' boots.  
And this is how she collects the eggs without disturbing the girls.
They also have a pool.  When the weather warms, you better believe we'll be going back!

2 comments:

momandkiddo said...

Wow. This looks like so much fun and I always wanted to raise a few chickens myself. Ummm, but not in an apartment.

John and Pam Majors said...

What a fun place! I know you had a wonderful time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails