Monday, June 8, 2009

Big Rocks in Little Rock

Holly tipped me to a new park in downtown Little Rock.  It's next to the river and just a few blocks west of the River Market.

Super fun morning.

One side of the park has HUGE rocks, the kind that are perfect for boys with lots of energy.  The other side has jets of water shooting out of the ground.
There were also big tunnels for him to investigate.  They made me a bit nervous because he'd be gone for a while and I couldn't see him.  Could weirdo homeless people be in there?

So, I followed him through the tunnels until my quads were on fire.  The tunnels are just the right size for 4 year old boys, not 33 year old mommas.  Dad will chaperone the next time.

Where is he?!
I felt like I was chasing a prairie dog.  
There he is! (in the red shorts)

One of the highlights of the day was bumping into old friends.  Friends I had not seen in over four years.  First I ran into Ronni Fellers, who has a son a few weeks older than Mr. Intensity.  Ronni has since adopted a daughter from Korea and for the past few months has been fostering twins.  That's four children under five years old!!!

[I met Ronni through Moms and More at Fellowship Bible Church.  Some of my closest friends may remember seeing the picture of the 12+ babies on the red couch. ] 

While talking to Ronni we saw Bette Calloway, owner of said red couch and who had been our Moms & More leader, walk down the hill.  Bette was meeting her current Moms & More group...and introduced me to Natalie Freeman.  But I knew Natalie!  She had been my neighbor.  We watched Survivor together.  

Small city, this Little Rock.

3 comments:

John and Pam Majors said...

What a fun day for you! How nice to meet old friends while JI is running around having fun too.

momandkiddo said...

An excellent park for super-boy energy. Sigh, I wish I could go.

laurie said...

That was alot of fun! A great place for boys with tons of energy:) Thanks for showing us this park!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails