Friday, November 13, 2009

Operation Christmas Child


One of the things I look forward to during the holidays is stuffing a box for Operation Christmas Child.  The organization, Samaritan's Purse, delivers these boxes to poverty stricken children all over the world. This activity helps Mr. Intensity get his eyes off himself and we're able to talk about other people with bigger problems.

He helped choose the gifts for the box.  I was pleasantly surprised when he added some of his precious Halloween candy.


At a women's pot-luck for my church last night, I learned that if you include a bar of soap, it should be double zip-lock bagged so that the candy does not taste like soap.  I also got a copy of coloring pages for Mr.  Intensity to introduce himself to the recipient.

Most fun of all, was learning that if you can follow your box! Go here to print your shipping label and Samaritan's Purse will email you which country received the box.  We are very excited!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Isn't this the best thing EVER??? My MOPS group is doing this and our table is putting together 6 boxes. My girls & I will also be putting together boxes over the weekend. It's nice to hear my oldest say -- can we get this for the other little girl -- instead of Mommy, can I have this?

~ Jennifer
http://thetoyboxyears.blogspot.com

Erika said...

We love Samaritan's Purse! I've done it for many years, but this was the first year Grace actively participated and understood what was going on. I was so blessed to see it through her 3 year old eyes! How special that Mr. Intensity gave his own candy!

Bethany said...

I did this one year with an old coworker- I forget how many boxes we sent but I think it was close to 100! It was a neat experience :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails