Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Plutarch Quote

Hubby reads all kinds of dusty books.

He found a great quote on Saturday that pertains to Mr. Intensity.  Hubby quoted it to me after Mr. Intensity was ordering us around.

Before I tell you the quote, I'll tell you it's found in "Lives of the Noble Romans" by Plutarch.  It's about Romulus, who is said to be one of the (possible) founders of Rome.

But Romulus seemed rather to act by counsel, and to show the sagacity of a statesman, and in all his dealings with neighbors, whether relating to feeding of flocks or to hunting, gave the idea of being born rather to rule than to obey.
That would be my son.

1 comment:

John and Pam Majors said...

John A. just told be about this. Yes, that is JI-born to rule! I'll never forget him telling me that I was not the boss when we were at the school in Rwanda! Born to rule!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails