Saturday, May 7, 2011

My Mom

My mom (Gigi) with Caroline
Mom,  I am so thankful for you.  As I get older the more you are appreciated.  Thank you for all your self-sacrificial love - both when I lived at home as well as now.  Truly, you are a woman to be praised.

When I think of childhood memories, there are many.  Overwhelmingly I remember feeling loved, knowing that you cared for me and wanted what was best for me.  Though I was aware of your ability to love others then, it wasn't until I was an adult that I realized how hard it is to love so many so well.  

Primarily, I see you speak love to others by serving them.  Whether it is deep cleaning my house when you come (oh how I love it!), or taking a meal to a lonely elderly person, or buying things for the underprivileged children in your classroom, you love, love love on people by serving them.

You have cared for Dad so well during his cancer treatments.  I know it has not been an easy road for either of you.  In the midst of taking care of him, you are also looking out for the needs of other friends (LL to mention one -there are many more.)

I'm thankful that you gave me a solid foundation of believing the Bible is true, that God can be trusted, that I can talk to Him through prayer, and pointing me to Jesus when it seemed like my earthly friends had deserted me.

It is really fun for me to see you interact with your grandchildren!  John Isaac especially loves it when you wrestle with him (though I wonder how much longer this can last since his feet are as big as yours!)
Gigi with the grands
And since it is Mother's Day, I mustn't forget my mother-in-love.  She is such a dear, sweet woman - who is also a woman to be praised.  After all, she endured raising bore my strong willed husband! (No wonder we have a Mr. Intensity!) Pam, I am grateful for your countless hours of painting, your continual generosity in so many ways, but above all - your prayers for our family.  Pam Majors is a prayer warrior like no other.
me, CJ, Pam Majors, Brenda Salyer
I am a blessed woman to have a wonderful Momma and mother-in-love!  Happy Mothers Day!

1 comment:

John and Pam Majors said...

Oh, I am so blessed! You are so kind to remember me on the day to honor your own Mother. Thank you! You are loved.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails