Monday, January 7, 2013

Due Date +1

This picture was from a week ago.  I just thought for sure I would go into labor any minute.  It was supposed to be our last supper as a family of 4.  We heart Purple Cow.
My mom arrived the next day.  Of course it has been wonderful having her here.  I just wish baby brother would come!!

Every time we get Sister up from sleeping, she asks, "Baby Bruder here yet?"

John Isaac was a week early (and weighed 9.5 lbs!), Caroline was 3 days early (weighing 8.5 lbs) - so of course I thought for sure this baby would be early.  He's late by at least one day.  I really hope to go into labor tomorrow.  I've had countless false starts.

The upside: ironically I feel pretty good, except for the insomnia (and the cold that hit me and Hubby yesterday). I'm reading a lot between midnight and 6am and was able to finish Destiny of the Republic:  A Tale of Madness, Medicine and the Murder of a President, which was one of Hubby's top books of 2012.  Before reading it, I knew nothing about President Garfield (was in office only 3 months before being shot.)

Tonight I will probably polish off Night Comes to the Cumberlands: A Biography of a Depressed Area.  It's about how the people and natural resources of eastern Kentucky were raped of timber and coal.

Signing off for now.  Hopefully the next post will be complete with baby stats and pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! I feel your pain (all of mine were late, like by 2 weeks!) Maybe this means this boy will be laid back! :)

mhutsell said...

Been thinking of you !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails