Sunday, March 30, 2008

Ding Dong

My husband bounded out of bed at an amazing speed then stopped suddenly in the hallway. It was 3:45 AM and the doorbell abruptly aroused us from our slumber.

From his inactivity in the hallway, I could tell he was dazed and not sure why he was standing instead of laying in the bed. I called to him, "Go open the guest bedroom window (upstairs) and see what they want." Adrenaline was pumping in my veins and I knew it was in his, too.

He opened the window and in his most macho gruff voice he yelled, "What do you want?!"

A man was standing there on his cell phone wanting to know if Serena lived here.

Needless to say, it took us a while to go back to sleep. Later John told me that he had hesitated at the top of the stairs wondering if he should take a weapon to the door. He's my hero.

2 comments:

John and Pam Majors said...

We continue to pray for God to protect you. I am glad there was no trouble!

The Eberle Family said...

It's almost May Julie--hang in there!! Praying for you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails