Sunday, September 7, 2008

Family Camp

This weekend our family went to a "family camp" with our church.  We were in Prescott, AZ, which is about 1.5 hrs. north of Phoenix.

Mr. Intensity loved being in the rugged wilderness.  However, the highlight of his time was getting to ride a school bus up and down the HUGE hill to the cafeteria.
He also LOVED Mrs. Erin and the attention she gave him.  They went rock climbing together.
Well, at least he tried.  This is about as far as he went on the wall before he changed his mind.
There were several highlights for me: the cooler weather (elevation was ~6,000ft), the food was delish (the best and most healthy camp food I've ever had), and the rock climbing wall. Watching several men, my son included, hoist a wheelchair bound 16 year old with cerebral palsy up the wall almost brought me to tears.
Chris (dark jeans) was so excited to be on the wall (and with PJ!) that he was still talking about it 24 hrs. later.
The lil man and I went on a nature hike.  He wanted to build a pretend fire.  I think he's a bit of a pyromaniac.
He even picked some flowers for me.  *sigh*  Had to photo document his act of kindness.
BTW, the dump truck shirt was his request.  Earlier this week, he tossed the green shirt downstairs and said, "Mom!  This shirt is plain green.  It would be perfect for you to paint a dump truck on it!"  I used the same stencil as the one for his wall.

Also on our nature hike, we discovered this skate board park at the back of the camp's property.  He improvised.

3 comments:

Julie said...

you are so fun! I love the shirt and wish I could do that here! So fun and looks like a great time you had!

MerrandaVK said...

We've always wanted to do family camp, but with our kids so young, it hasn't ever seemed to be the right time for us. Looks like SO MUCH FUN though.

John and Pam Majors said...

Looks like he had a fun time! Thanks for the pictures :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails