Highlights have been:
- exploring Hannah's Montessori cabinet
- teaching Lauren to sew (after the kids were in bed.) She made this bag and presently is finishing a valance. She's a quick learner.
- seeing deer in the park (less than 50 yards away!)
- two words: masking tape
- lotsa painting and crafts for the kiddos
- lotsa arguing (MINE!!) for the kiddos. Am I ready for 2 kids?!
- watching Disney's Cars (first for me,*believe it or not* and it's JI's fav.)
- visiting a small local dairy and chicken farm (where we saw a territorial turkey do a dance; we were too close!)
- eating at Moe's and being starred at b.c Mr. Intensity was running and yelling like
a wild man his normal self
Tomorrow after church, we'll drive 7 hours back to KY. Like the south-bound trip, we'll drug Mr. Intensity with an unlimited supply of DVDs. He'll be in heaven.
Other random but maybe not so news-worthy thoughts:
- Last week saw the movie Despereaux. Loved it. Will watch again. Mid-movie, Mr. Intensity leans over *tries to whisper* and said, "Mom, he doesn't have his sword yet." After the movie, I asked the 3 kids what they liked about the flick. My 7 year-old niece's classic response: "When the princess was rescued."
- Forgot to call Angela today (and yesterday!) The weekly appointment was on Thursday. I think the due date is 11 days away but I feel like I'm living in a time warp, traveling and without a routine. As of now, I think Hubby and I will stay in an extended-stay hotel for the 10-12 day waiting period in Little Rock...unless something else more wonderful makes itself known. I think it would be a bit stressful to stay with friends with a newborn crying all hours of the night.
- If you're interested in church history or just want to pretend like you know something about it, I've cliff notes for you. Hubby is blogging on one church father a week. Here's the first week's post.
- My sister-in-love, Lauren, can cook people! She made these tortillas and they were yum-a-lumma.
- It's January 11 so I'm sure you've already thought through your new year's resolutions, goals, etc. If not, may I recommend these 10 questions (HT: Passionate Homemaking) and these 20 questions by Simple Mom. BTW, Simple Mom is my favorite blog for 2008.
- While here in Georgia, Mr. Intensity made a grand exit from a room. It seemed normal to me; I can't even remember what he did or said. Hannah (21 months old) said, "He's crazy."
Yep. From the mouth of babes.