Monday, January 19, 2009

Yay! Snow Day

Mr. Intensity was thrilled with the one inch of snowfall from last night. As soon as we were outside, he was running!
First stop: snow angel making.
I was instructed to make one, too. He took my picture.
He swept the steps of Papa's shop, "Because that would be kind of me."
What's in here? The stick went with us everywhere after he picked it up.
Below, he's using the stick to "draw a map" to help us remember where we've been.

Since we were on my parents' farm, I showed him my "special spot" when I was a little girl. There used to be a swing hanging from this tree, which overlooks a ravine. This is the place where The Little House on the Prairie and Bread and Butter Indian came alive.
We were walking towards the creek when he noticed it started to snow. He stopped to catch a few flakes on his tongue.
We also stopped by the cemetery. He dusted the snow off my maternal grandparents' gravestone with his stick. When we were here at Christmas, Hubby had the sweetest conversation with Mr. Intensity talking about the great-grandparents he never knew. My un-sensitive child teared up and even cried. I'm teary just typing the story.
Being desert rats, we had so much fun romping in the snow. We saw so many deer tracks, and of course Lucky (dog) tracks. The pond was frozen solid so we had to stop and throw a few rocks. Presently Mr. Intensity is with Daddy on the 4-wheeler, feeding cows.

But the very best part of snow is HOT CHOCOLATE!! We've also been playing Sorry! nonstop. I can't believe the pieces are still all there from when my sister and I used to play.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun! I love the picture of the tree memories.

Sarah said...

We got snow here today too! My boys were out most of the day. Sorry! is a fave here too...I have my childhood board....50 cents at a yard sale when I was 7....it's seen better days!
Have fun!

Becky said...

What a sweet moment your husband had with you son!

John and Pam Majors said...

Oh, I so wish I could have been there!! What did his face look like when you told him about the snow? I am so glad he had fun! Miss you JI!

reprehriestless warillever said...

We got snow too, but the kids barely noticed. They get so excited for December storms, but by the 5th or 6th storm of the season they aren't so fired up.

Except to use their sleds...

It is great to see JI so happy!

Erika said...

Hi Julie! I saw your comment on our picture a day blog, thanks for leaving that! I do know you (kind of)...after you met my hubby on the plane we became kind of addicted to your blog, and I finally started my own because we've enjoyed yours so much! I LOVE reading about you and your family, you have so many great ideas and tidbits! It looks like Mr. Intensity is having a blast with the grandparents and snow...too fun! You 3 are in our thoughts right now as you move past the adoption disappointment, God is good and He will provide! :)Erika
(sorry for the long comment!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails