Saturday, July 25, 2009

SNAKES!!

Hubby and I hiked to Horsetooth today. I'm so out of shape it's not funny.

Something funny happened on the trail though.

I saw my manly man jump out of his skin. He'd heard rattles. As in, rattleSNAKE! It was about 2.5 feet long. Gave me the willies. I hate snakes. Really dispise them.

About another 1/2 mile up the trail, I jumped out of my skin. It was his turn to laugh at me. Later he even said, "I could see real fear in your eyes."

Look carefully, below:

There's a snake hanging in the bush. A BIG snake - about 5 feet long! At first, I thought it was two snakes, but upon closer inspection it was just one. A big one.

We stepped back to watch it. Then it came towards us, following us for about 25 feet. Finally it crossed the path and went back into the woods.

More hikers came along and we pointed out the snake, told them about how it was a bit aggressive. The guy said it was probably a Bullsnake or Gopher snake. I think he was right.
The hike was beautiful, even with snakes. But, I was very glad to be finished. My legs are sore and I'm going to hurt tomorrow.

4 comments:

Sherry Gann said...

Seeing 2 in one day would of had me rattled for sure! Think of how many there must have been nearby that you didn't see! :o

John and Pam Majors said...

How did JI react?

zanesmommy said...

Besides the snakes, did you LOVE IT?

Still wish I was there with you instead of in the oven where you use to live.

Bethany said...

Ok...snakes don't usually bother me, but seeing that huge one definitely would! Hope you had fun hiking otherwise :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails