Thursday, February 3, 2011

Charting the Weather

My dad records the weather for the National Weather Service.  It's a hobby of his.  As long as I can remember, he's been interested in the weather.  I suppose it's the farmer in him.

Today is Papa's birthday and during this activity we talked a lot about him.  My dad has been diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing chemo treatments.  He's felt really crummy the last week and a half.

To sneak in handwriting numbers with Mr. Intensity, we started recording temperatures at the beginning of the school year.  I'm just now getting around to using the data.


A friend of mine gave me some "end rolls" of newsprint.  She procured it for mulching her garden and gave me the extras for packing dishes, etc.

Yesterday we traced Mr. Intensity's body on it and today we used this huge paper to make a chart.  He really enjoyed the process.

I'm ready for October-like weather!  Brrrrr -it's freezing here today.

1 comment:

John and Pam Majors said...

You two are so creative! What fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails