Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Weekend

Participating in Mom & Kiddo's Weekend Snapshots - here's our weekend:

Saturday starts with a farmer's market in our driveway.  If I'm not up by 6am, the farmer's diesel truck wakes me.  This is the trailer he parks in my driveway.  We've been doing this for about 1.5 years - every Saturday.  My farmer is Amish-Mennonite and he doesn't want his picture taken - but I've blogged about how I met him and visiting his farm.



We went to pool -twice- on Saturday.  It has been HOT. {Imagine a picture of us swimming.}

Then I gave the guys haircuts.  The below picture is not of a small animal.  My husband had really shaggy hair.  Now he looks more, ahem, professional.  And topped with a distinguished silver crown.  :)




Sunday we rode our bikes through Two Rivers Park.  Now that the bridge is open we can get there in less than ten minutes.  Wahoo.





We rode for an hour and Sister let it be known that it was way too hot and she was ready to be in the air conditioning.



Once home I've been preparing like mad.  Tomorrow begins our homeschool co-op.  Summer, for all intents and purposes, is over for us.  Boo.

But we've had a fun summer.

2 comments:

maryanne @ mama smiles said...

That bike trail sounds great! Good luck with homeschool starting up again!

momandkiddo said...

I'm closing my eyes... aaaannnd.... you're swimming!

Thanks for linking up and have fun with school.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails