Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pizza: How I Love Thee

I'm in love.  I went to a kitchen store today and bought a pizza peel.  Once home I did something I never do - I made pizza for lunch. (Yesterday I made dough from the book Artisan Pizza and Flat Bread in Five Minutes a Day watch the video.)
at one minute
three minutes
4.5 minutes
perfect!!

I made pizza in five minutes.  It took longer for the oven to heat to 550* than for the pizza to bake.  The crust is incredible.  Crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside - as if it had been made in a brick oven.

I highly recommend this method: heat a stone as hot as your oven allows then build your pizza on a peel and slide it into the oven.

Next up: whole wheat bread...from Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day. The authors have a ton of videos on YouTube - check 'em out.

4 comments:

jojoebi-designs said...

hmmm looks good!

John said...

That looks so good!!! What kind of stone did you use? I have a Pampered Chef stone, do you know if it will work?

John said...

That looks so good!!! What kind of stone did you use? I have a Pampered Chef stone, do you know if it will work?

Julie said...

Pam, I used my Pampered chef stone. And though I used a pizza peel, the same motion can be achieved using a rimless cookie sheet (or one turned upside down)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails