Sunday, December 16, 2012

Weekend Snapshots

Friday
For two weeks, I've been meaning to make the Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls.  She does not disappoint.  Make some today.  Then give them away.  Or you will eat too many.  Not that I know from experience or anything.  John Isaac was a great helper on this day.  Usually he loves to give things away but it has been difficult for him to give these away.
Friday night we went to a neighborhood friend's Christmas party.  Sister looked cute.  The plan was to go caroling but it started raining shortly after we ate.
 
Saturday afternoon he had his first piano recital.  I love his teacher.  She lives literally across the street.  The recital was for 10 students and including the snack time afterwards, we were there for one hour.  My kind of recital!!
Meanwhile, Hubby was in Memphis with two friends, watching the UofL vs Memphis game.  They had a blast.  We tried a new restaurant once he came home: All Aboard.  The food comes to your table via a train, from a track that encircles the restaurant, above.  Sister loved following the trains around the restaurant but when our food was delivered she wasn't quite sure.
Definitely I would recommend the restaurant for its "coolness" factor, especially for little kids.  But, I think the food made us all feel a little weird.  John Isaac, who ate pizza, woke up with a weird rash on his face, Hubby has had his classic MSG flu-like symptoms today (He had a blackened chicken wrap.  We weren't thinking when he ordered that because the "blackened" seasonings usually have MSG in them) and I almost went into labor last night.  (Of course all these things could be a coincidence.  I have no idea if the food really made us sick.)

Before leaving the restaurant I had cramping and many contractions.  Once home, I started recording them.  They were about 5 minutes apart for over an hour, which according to my doula, is a sign that I could be in active labor.


I'm still 3 weeks away from my due date so Hubby and I were scrambling to get ready in the event we needed to go to the hospital.  Thankfully the contractions slowed way down when I laid down to sleep and surprisingly I slept rather well last night.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love to have this baby early!  But my preference would be that he would wait until after Christmas.  The doctor told me on Wednesday that baby could come early because he is so low.  Baby measured 34 weeks even though I was closer to 37; his head is engaged and this makes walking rather uncomfortable.

I rested a lot today, Sunday.  Hubby took John Isaac to see City Mouse, Country Mouse, Christmas House at the Children's Theatre.  (Thanks Papa & Gigi for the ticket subscription!)

That was our weekend.

1 comment:

mhutsell said...

Hmm. Me thinks that little boy may want to be present for THIS Christmas! :) And PW's cinnamon rolls....crazy good. I give those out at Christmas to the neighbors! Super easy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails