Sunday, January 12, 2014

Schaeffer Turns One (We SURVIVED)

It feels like such a gigantic milestone to say we've reached a year old.  I know he has not been chronically ill (and I am soooo thankful for that) but it has been One. Long. Year.
He was unusually animated on the morning of his birthday.  
I thought about writing a post for his birthday called, "How to Loose 50 Pounds."  It's simple: nurse an eleven pound baby around the clock for 365 days.  I think it is safe to say he is heavier than Caroline now.
I think he liked the hats.
Other happenings this week: the "big kids" had a tea party.  John Isaac made the tea and I provided peanut butter crackers with carrots and apples. A neighbor brought over the dipped pretzels.  They used china plates but I guess they hadn't realized the need for plates before this picture.
Caroline will be a domestic goddess one day.  On her own accord she likes to fold the (clean, washable) diaper wipes
It rained one day while John Isaac was at a co-op.  So Caroline and I walked in the rain.  What's more fun than that when you're three-years-old?
Schaeffer graced us with a super long afternoon nap.  We made soft pretzels.  Yummo.
The birthday boy got a new (from Craigslist) jogging stroller.  Hubby wants to run more (crazy man) and is willing to take the lil' stinker along.  And yes, he sucks those two fingers when he is tired.  Adorable.

1 comment:

John and Pam Majors said...

I love Caroline's Tea Party clothes and her umbrella! Schaeffer has such a charming smile. I'm really glad you kept him. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails