Thursday, January 16, 2014

Works for Me: Smells Good

Most candles are too perfume-y for me.  Lately I've been using mostly citrus essential oils in a saucepan of water on the stovetop.  It dawned on me as I was tossing Cutie peels and grapefruit rinds in the trash that I should simmer them. (Too much citrus in the compost is not good.)  Smells wonderful up in here.  I've also been burning a candle on the dining room table during the day.  It's not a strong smelling candle.  I read this post on fighting the winter darkness and it resonated with me.  The burning candle especially reminds me to be a light to my children.  Keep calm and carry on.
Those who know me well know me to be frugal.  Mrs. Meyers is a splurge for me but her scents makes me so happy.  I'm especially enjoying the cranberry dish soap right now.
I bought this bulb and vase for about $4 at Kroger.  It's now a beautiful flower that sits in my kitchen window.

1 comment:

John and Pam Majors said...

I did not know there was a cranberry Mrs. Meyers. I like the Basil that you have on your sink also. What a great idea about the citrus peels. You are so clever.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails