Saturday, March 28, 2009

Red Envelope Day

A friend of mine just returned from a trip to Israel.  Her visit to the Holocaust Memorial, Yad Vashem, made a profound impact.  Below is an excerpt from her email:

It was an intense and overwhelming time of remembering the horrors of what happened to the Jews during this era.  Our tour guide expressed his hope that something like this would never happen again, and my heart was saddened by knowing that it is, only this time the victims are never given a voice with which to cry out in protest.  As my mind and my heart took in the exhibits, my thoughts continued to return to abortion.  

I remembered an article I once read by a German man who spoke of the shame that he carries because of what happened during the Holocaust.  In the article he speculated about the shame that future generations in our country may experience knowing how many lives have been lost to abortion.  

God used my experience at Yad Vashem to help me feel the horrors of the Holocaust more deeply, but also to personally convict me that I am not doing enough to be a voice for the unborn lives that are the victims of abortion.  I was recently made aware of Red Envelope Day, which is happening this Tuesday, March 31st.

And so, I want to invite you to send a red envelope to the President this week.  You can make one with this envelope template and print it on red construction paper. 

My friend ended her email by saying:

Regardless of your political party, this seems like a wonderful opportunity for people to unite and support the protection of life in our country.  My prayer is that God would use each individual act of sending a red envelope to the White House to impact the heart of our president.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails