Friday, March 27, 2009

Signs of Spring

Around midnight, I thought a bomb had gone off on our street.  It was thunder.  I haven't heard thunder in the middle of the night in a long time.  We had thunder in Phoenix, but it usually came late afternoon or early evening.  Not in the middle of the night.

Today Mr. Intensity and I wanted to enjoy the outdoors, since it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow.

Within the first minutes, I found four-leafed clovers!  Two of them, almost next to each other.

The bushes in front of our house are swarming with bees.  This bee is too big to be a honey bee.  Does anyone know what kind it is?  Carpenter, maybe?  Mr. Intensity studied them at the Desert Botanical Garden. In Phoenix they were all black.
Last week I started some herbs from seeds.  These are actually zinnias. I am shocked that they've sprouted.  Mr. Intensity knocked them over, twice.  They're the only ones yet to sprout.  Crazy.
Like I said, it rained last night...a lot.  Mr. Intensity has enjoyed the water in the sidewalk.

Where does all the water go?

1 comment:

John and Pam Majors said...

Welcome back from the desert! I am so glad JI had fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails