Friday, July 10, 2009

Natural Deodorant

Last summer I made deodorant using this recipe. It worked for me, I didn't stink. However, there are a few things I don't like about that recipe.

First, is the application. It's not as fast as a stick or roll on...and it is a bit cumbersome to apply. The shea butter and coconut oil are hard at room temperature, the deodorant has to be rolled around in your hand before it's soft enough to apply.

Secondly my clothes were stained. When washed, it mostly came out fine. Just looked gross.

This spring, I began wearing over the counter deodorant without antiperspirant. Most sticks or roll ons contain antiperspirant (which is what contains aluminum - the link to Alzeheimers.) It was in the men's section, as all women's deodorant also has antiperspirant.

One day my husband came home asking about a deodorant rock. A guy in the gym recommended it to him, said it worked wonderful.

I remembered a sample I had received from a health food store in Phoenix so I pulled it out.

We've been using it ever since. They can be purchased at Whole Foods, too.

To apply, wet the stone with water then rub it on. I still sweat, but I don't stink. And it's natural!! Anyone else been using the deodorant rock?

Another natural application:: Insect Repellent with essential oils.

4 comments:

momandkiddo said...

I've been using the deodorant rock for years. And I totally recommended itto you in this comment! http://funmajors.blogspot.com/2008/08/deo-for-my-bo.html

The Eberle Family said...

They (my surgeons) had me use this after all my surgeries. I liked it--haven't been able to find it very easily though! I'll have to look for it again.....

Julie said...

can I just tell you how happy I am that you posted about the insect repellent again. I need to post the recipe on my blog, because I was looking for it. I have everything I bought last year...but didn't remember the ratio... thanks for posting again.

Bethany said...

I've heard of it, but haven't used it before. I'll have to check some of the stores around here to try it out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails