Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Menu Planning

Live and die by the plan.  I love having a menu plan but I hate planning it.  Friends and I have been meeting for accountability in this area and it has helped motivate me.

The last two meal plans I've planned for two weeks in advance.  Love it.

It used to be that I would use the excuse "I'm going to plan my menus by the sale fliers." Then never really meal plan - or sort of meal plan.  With our eating habits changing to incorporate more local or bulk (real) food, I spend only about $30-45/week at Kroger.  So the sale flier excuse no longer works.

If you've never practiced the discipline of two week meal plan.  I highly recommend it!


Monday
Roasted chicken
collards
sweet potatoes
bread
to do: make mayo, soak flour for tortillas, thaw ground beef

Tuesday
chicken salad
make tortillas
carrot sticks/ homemade Ranch from Holly
popcorn

during day: make taco meat for quick lunches
thaw round steak
soak rice

Wednesday
coconut curry beef (crockpot)
rice
thaw green beans/ ham hock

Thursday
fish
green beans ham hock
steamed carrots
rice (from yesterday)
soak flour for pizza crust

Friday
pizza

Saturday
chicken pot pie (from freezer)
mashed potatoes
make kombucha
thaw brie + hummus

Sunday
leftovers for lunch
Superbowl party
take brie + apples
hummus
thaw smoked sausage

Monday
red beans/rice (from freezer)
smoked sausage
thaw falafel
thaw hummus

Tuesday
falafel (from freezer)
quinoa tabbouleh
tatziki sauce
hummus
thaw spinach

Wednesday
Quiche

Thursday
Marinara + poached eggs
toast
soak flour for pizza crust

Friday
pizza
thaw chicken
soak rice

Saturday
chicken a la king +rice
PW's mac and cheese
greens (kale or collard)
save chicken for enchiladas

Sunday
leftovers
thaw beef

Monday
stroganoff
mashed potatoes
thaw ground beef

Tuesday
enchiladas (beef and chicken)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails