Monday, December 10, 2012

Works for Me: Taking Pictures

Even though Comm. Central has dismissed for the year, we are still homeschooling.  We're working ahead because I imagine that life will get a bit crazy when Baby Boy comes in early January.

Maybe you are not as scatterbrained as I am, or maybe you've taken the time to master your smart phone and don't need this tip.  

Something that is working for me lately, is taking pictures of lists with my phone.  

Confession
I make lots of lists.  Then loose them.  Somehow, I've been able to keep up with my phone.

Remedy
Take a picture of your lists.  Below is my 3rd grader's "to do list" for last Thursday.  I took a picture because we aren't doing the same things everyday, nor in the same order. {DMT = Dance Mat Typing a fun typing program for kids.}
This was his "spelling test" from this list.  That site also has lists for kindergarten through 8th grade.  Below I've circled the words he struggled with or spelled incorrectly.  The following day, I drill him first on the words he missed previously.
By taking a picture of my lists, I can reduce clutter (by throwing away paper!) yet feel like I'm keeping my head above water.

-Julie

1 comment:

Heather Kinkel said...

I totally do this! I like paper lists and "phone" lists written on my phone's memo pad. But I always hand write my weekly grocery list and then snap a pic.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails