Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Photos as Life Slips Thru the Cracks

I found some of these pictures on my phone that I've not posted.

In September, the guys rode 30 MILES in a bike race.  They had a blast.  I love the looks on their faces.
Often you hear me say, "I laugh else I cry."  Thankfully no one was in the car as it was being hoisted into the tree.  This was quite an elaborate pulley system.
 Affectionately known as "PEOPLE SANDWICH!!" and Daddy does them best.
 Flowers from my garden - I think frosts will zap the rest by week's end.
 Stink Pot Tater Tot loves standing at the stove.
His culinary preferences keeps me at mine.  The boy only eats yogurt.  I'm making about 2 gallons every 8 or 9 days.
Last week, I stir fried napa cabbage, radishes, red peppers, jalapeños, carrots, onions, garlic added cooked chicken and a fried egg - loosely following this recipe.  Delish.  Eating with the seasons requires a bit of, um, creativity and perseverance.  It's taken me a while to really enjoy the challenge but now I can say with honesty I look forward to using each week's basket of veggies.  Speaking of eating with the seasons, one of my children asked at dinner, "When does sauerkraut go out of season?"  Unfortunately for that child, my refrigerator is STOCKED with sauerkraut and other ferments.
It's been about a year (longer?) since I've pulled out my machine.  Recently I was able to carve out time to finish a project.  Pictures to come.
Leaf season has begun.  Yesterday he pleaded to help an elderly neighbor rake her yard (melt my heart).  Today he "has a surprise for Daddy when he gets home." (See rows of leaves in the driveway?)
Last but certainly not least, I've been meditating on Colossians 1: 11-14, especially verse 11 on the days when I haven't slept well the night before.   I can be strengthened with ALL power, ACCORDING TO HIS MIGHT (not my own) with all ENDURANCE, and PATIENCE with JOY.  Motherhood is a marathon, isn't it?  May you do it today with endurance, patience and joy according to HIS might.


Colossians 1:11 May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, 12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. 13 He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

2 comments:

volscats said...

The title of your post resignated with me...and the verse at the end. Great photos!

Heather Kinkel said...

I love that recipe idea! Gonna try it :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails