From my college days at a kids' camp, I remembered teaching the "High Fives" to the campers (list compiled by Jim Bice):
- Fear God - Deut10:12-13; Proverbs 10:27
- Be Yourself - Ps 139: 13-14; Romans 12:4-6a; Ephesians 2:10
- Do Your Best - Col 3:17, 23-24; Heb 12:1; Phil 3:14
- Be Honest - Prov 12:22; Col 3:9; Prov 19:22
- Be a Mirror - Phil 2:3-5; 1Pet 4:10; Luke 14:11
For now, what Hubby and I are leaning towards is something a bit more simple. Something not original with me, I wish I could take credit for it. Something that Mr. Intensity understands...like ROCKS.
In future posts, I hope to elaborate on what we're doing in our family worship time. For now, it ROCKS. No bones about it, Jesus is the ROCK for our family.
Anyone seeing a repeated word here? Rock on.
R - Respect
O - Obey
C - Content
K - Kindness
Maybe it's my child. Maybe it's his age - or the stage. Regardless, these are four issues we battle, daily - if not hourly. Mr. Intensity can tell me the definition of each trait as well as point out when others are not being respectful, obedient, content or kind. The boy has a strong sense of justice! As an added bonus, he thinks it's totally cool that he can spell ROCK now.
It's not just about him. As I hammer ROCKs into his
And for your weekend reading pleasure, I leave you with these two Family Friday links.
1. An amazing story of restoration: Her Husband Wouldn’t Speak to Her—for Three Years. It made me cry and I don't cry much.
2. WAHOO - only in the South, baby! Waffle House Wedding - it's a slide show that made me laugh out loud. Culture at it's finest.