Last night, as a family, we prepared table decorations. Hubby and Mr. Intensity were in charge of these Mayflower place cards.
This morning, Mr. Intensity did some potato stamping for variety in the name cards.
Though not yet full with tea, I'm using my kombucha bottles to serve a smorgasbord of tea.
All day Mr. Intensity has been saying, "I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it!!"
Today's work in the kitchen involves:
- Mashed potatoes. I've heard that if you make them a bit runny (as in add too much milk) they heat and serve beautifully the next day in the crock pot. Fingers crossed.
- Rendering lard to make crust for deep dish pecan pie.
- Shredded carrot salad (with pineapple, raisins and dried cherries)
Tomorrow I'll make:
- Roast turkey
- Pumpkin dinner rolls (holding breath, not tried this recipe)
- sweet corn from Mom's garden (Thanks, Mom!)
- green beans from Mom's garden
- lima beans